EU is putting a huge budget into the Erasmus and European Voluntary Corps (ESC) programs. The purpose is to make EU citizens (especially youth) be able to visit and learn things in other EU countries. And also support local communities and grass root organizations.
In ESC the program covers the cost for travel and food and accommodation and insurance. It lets a person (often with fewer opportunities) live, learn and experience in another European country. Sometimes the countries just outside EU are able to take part as well.
It can be from 14 days up to a full year.
Between the ages of 18 and 30 a person can do:
– One short ESC 14-59 days.
– One long ESC, 2-12 months (the short can only be done before the long)
– And as many Team ESC as they can find.
You must not be 31 years of age when the activity begins.
Some periods Hästekasen farm Association accept applications for “ErasmusPlus European Solidarity Corps – Voluntary System” (ESC). If you are between 18-30 years of age you can spend 1 to 8 months at Hästekasen farm Association (HFA) (certain EU nationals and some neighboring countries).
You will develop competences and support HFA (The alternative farm).
You will get: Free food, free accommodation, and travel expenses (up to a limit) and 150 euro/ month pocket money included.
You will be expected to work 38 hours per week.
Hästekasen Facebook photos
Read about our “green” approach (may not impress you).
Since 2013 we have had 170+ ESC/EVS volunteers here
Our project is very popular, 100´s of people apply.
This is the project!
Notice in te picture that WORK is in the center of everything.
Non-formal and Informal learning through practical work.
You need some of these:
- Prior experience of practical handy-man work.
- Be able to live simple with less comfort.
- Initiative and work ethics (activities are obligatory)
- Background of economic problems, or social problems, or school problems, emotional problems e t c
These are also good:
- Be able to communicate in english.
- Planning a future life on the country side.
EU projects like these aims to improve THREE entities:
1) Your life
2) The hosting organization (HFA)
3) The European society